An Office Products Company (£4M Turnover)
This client had been built up to £4m turnover over 25 years by the 2 founder Directors who now wanted to retire overseas but who felt their 2 sons were not yet fully ready to take over the business. The direct sales team in particular were not performing and lacked effective leadership. A key member of the management team was in need of some focussed personal development to be able to succeed in that role.
Several BGS consultants worked with the business to do the following:
- Conduct a Full Business Diagnostic with the management team and develop a Business Development Project Plan dealing with both the growth of the business and the transition of responsibility to the 2 sons in the business
- The founder Directors were transitioned out fairly quickly and enabled to retire overseas with an BGS consultant acting as a Non Executive Director to support the sons and management team in their new level of responsibility
- The Business Development Project Plan was largely successfully implemented over a period of 18m or so
- BGS introduced a sales consultant who acted as Interim Sales Director for 8m or so stabilising the direct sales team and recruiting a full time replacement who is still in position 2+ years later
- BGS introduced a personal development/NLP master practitioner who has been working with a member of the management team and seeing real personal growth and an ability to step up to the new role
- The founder Directors are improving their golf on the Algarve !