KPIs and Board Reporting
Do you have the numbers, data and reporting at hand to make those big business decisions? Have you set key performance indicators (KPIs) for the business?
Monitoring and tracking those KPIs, and the overall performance of your business in clear management reports, helps to drive the business forward.
We can help you with your KPIs and board reporting
KPIs are the markers you have in place to measure the success of your business and monitor your performance over time. They’re there to help you succeed and to make it clear when you are (or aren’t) meeting your strategic goals.
If you’ve created a strategic plan then you need to know that it’s being delivered at every level of the company. Having good KPIs and reporting in place allows you to look at performance metrics for everything in the business, from the board to the functional teams – even down to individual members of those teams.
KPIs help you to align your people with the core strategic goals of the company. And they let you develop a greater focus on operational excellence and best practice.
Using good KPIs improves your performance
Getting the right KPI in place can be a complex process. They need to encourage the right behaviours from your people and they need to be acted on effectively if they’re going to be useful.
By streamlining your processes, stripping away ineffective procedures and increasing your focus on strategic goals you can meet the overriding objectives of your business plan far more effectively.
We can help you:
- Focus on the right KPIs, measure them and track them.
- Make it clear which are lead KPIs and which are lag KPIs.
- Improve the performance of your people by incentivising teams and having good change management in place.
Make your reporting more effective
Your reporting sits alongside your key KPIs. In essence, it’s about how you share your results, insight and tactical performance with the Board.
Management reporting gives your senior management and board the numbers they need to review the performance of the business, highlight any issues and look at current and future strategic decision for the on-going health of the company.
We can help with your reporting by:
- Designing and producing detailed management reports.
- Reviewing your business and management reports.
- Summarising your lead and lag KPIs (key performance indicators).
- Giving you helpful advice and insight on your results and performance.
- Outlining potential pitfalls and implications and giving you the right solutions to overcome them.